UPDATE: EXCLUSIVE: “War Z” trademark SUSPENDED - Game will have to be renamed
***This is the first site to report this***
***Update at the bottom of the post***
There is something interesting showing up if you check the "United States Patent and Trademark Office" website for the “War Z” trademark that has been registered by OP Productions.
The trademark application by OP Productions for the name “War Z” has been SUSPENDED because the trademark office feels that the name is too similar to the name of Paramount Pictures upcoming movie “World War Z”.
See the suspension notice for yourself:
What does this mean ?
*The name will very likely have to be changed because it is too similar to “World War Z”.
*If the trademark attorney feels that the similarity is too big, it’s obvious that Paramount Pictures may legally forbid the use of “War Z”.
*The trademark was only filled in July 2012, further evidence pointing towards that this game has been in development for only 6 months.
*They have received the suspension letter on 15th November 2012 already, so they know for over a month now that their name has to be changed.
*Paramount is already developing their own video game based on “World War Z”.
Thanks to the anonymous mailer who sent me these information regarding the “War Z” trademark. It’s in the interest of the mailer to make customers aware that they can fill a complaint against Arktos Entertainment Group and OP Production for their actions regarding false information, lies about their Alpha/Beta status and missing features/false advertisement.
To do so follow: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/
And since it’s not easy to get information on these companies, here are the complete adresses of both:
Arktos Entertainment Group, Inc.
11400 Olympic Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Sergey Titov has now answered to this obvious suspension of their trademark application, but the funny thing is: He apparently doesn’t know how the trademark system in the US works and thinks his trademark is issued. Once again he answers before simply checking the facts.
In his statement on the offical forums he writes the following:
this is getting to be ridiculous.
1) go to uspto.gov
2) Go to TESS - trademark search
3) search for War Z
4) Enjoy LIVE trademark !
Why spread lies ?
even more -I was sent this link like three already - and looks like people are not even reading this document.
It basically says that this application is suspended because there’s another application with regards to this trademark.
here’s real trademark
This is as stupid as saying that colorado map is only 3x3 km.
The War Z
Inquisitr.com: ‘The War Z’ Creators Face Trademark Suspension
Justpushstart.com: Trademark Issues For The War Z Name Change Probable
29 Notes/ Hide
- divingforair likes this
- jeweller-passion likes this
- personalview-comment likes this
- charitable-giving likes this
- hedgefunds-eim likes this
- markholyoake-photography likes this
- mathworks-hedge likes this
- tvshowbiz likes this
- investment-portfolio reblogged this from warzscam
- diagnostics-immobiliers-64 reblogged this from warzscam
- diagnostics-immobiliers-64 likes this
- areallywittyname likes this
- wwys reblogged this from warzscam
- wwys likes this
- snowydeluxe reblogged this from warzscam
- nillor reblogged this from warzscam
- lasenggah likes this
- tn5421 reblogged this from warzscam
- bubblybobbles likes this
- patientbear likes this
- -bonez likes this
- normalblogfornormalpeople likes this
- kipshutup likes this
- landothelost reblogged this from bustedbitmap and added:
- daxdiv reblogged this from warzscam
- fiction-66 likes this
- bustedbitmap reblogged this from warzscam
- pissingcontestofdespair reblogged this from warzscam
- pissingcontestofdespair likes this
- culamhain likes this
- jeffmaesar likes this
- tommylandin likes this
- blazedforgetfulness likes this
- warzscam posted this